Super Hero Costumes for Dogs
By Lisa Storms
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Cutting Scissors (8")
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature ultra-sharp blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks
All you need is a cape and mask. Working with felt is great for quick costumes since you do not need to worry about hemming or fraying. Using the Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears can help you cut through multiple layers of felt with ease!
1. Fold felt in half and cut through both layers of folded felt along marked lines using Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears. Cut a wavy line at the bottom of cape.
2. Cut the cape at the top of the circle and place around your dog’s neck for fitting. Trim off as much as needed evenly from each side to fit securely around the neck with overlapping for a Velcro closure. Sew Velcro onto each side as shown to secure.
3. To create a mask, measure the length from the inside of one of your dog’s eyes to the other, and the length from the outside of one of your dog’s eye to the other. Mark these measurements on a piece of paper and draw a very simple mask shape around them as shown.
4. Cut out mask from desired color of felt using Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears (this makes it easy to fold the mask in half and cut through double layers). Layer a strip of elastic (sized to your dog’s head) on each side between mask and another sheet of felt and sew around all edges as shown. Trim around mask with a little of the bottom color showing for framing detail.
5. Freehand-cut out a simple dog paw design (or other design or monogram) and a circle from felt using your shears. Glue or sew design onto circle, and then the circle onto the cape.