Breathe new life into a pair of shoes by covering them with this season's striking trend for bold florals.
Upcycled Floral Shoes
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through multiple layers or thick fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 6"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears (6")
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature short, ultra-sharp blades ideal for cutting in tight spaces.
Shoes suitable for recovering
Bold floral fabric
(approx ½ yard, depending on style and size of shoe)
Fabric glue and foam brush
1. If necessary, clean your shoes with a damp cloth or brush. Allow shoes to dry. Trim your fabric so that you have enough to cover both shoes.
2. Apply fabric glue to the surface of your shoe and adhere the fabric to the area of the shoe you want to cover. Take the time to smooth out any creases and wrinkles in the fabric. Run your fingernail or heavy duty needle around any seams. Allow the glue to dry.
3. Use the 6” Amplify Shears to trim away the excess fabric, paying close attention to any seams. The small blades on the shears make them ideal for sharp cuts in tight spaces. Use the side of the blade to press the fabric tightly into the edges of the shoe.
4. If necessary, apply more adhesive to the edges to prevent the fabric fraying. Allow shoes to dry, then wear!