Get your guests into the holiday wedding spirit with festive colors, pillar candles and touches of evergreens.
Centerpieces for a Winter Wedding
By Marty Ross
- PowerGear® patented gear technology multiplies leverage to give you up to 3X more power on every cut
- Powers through tough stems and branches that traditional pruners can’t
- Patent-pending design with modified gears and cam mechanism optimizes your cutting power in the middle of the cut where the branch is thickest and you need it most
- Makes cutting dramatically easier than it is with other tools
- Fully hardened steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood, prevents the blade from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blade resist rust
- Rugged DuraFrame® construction provides superior strength and reduced weight
- Contoured, rolling handle fits the shape and natural motion of your hand for comfortable use and reduced hand fatigue
- Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Bypass blade style
- Maximum cutting capacity: 3/4" dia.
- Lifetime warranty
- PowerGear2™ Pruner
- Ideal for snipping stems, slicing open burlap bags, sawing rope, cutting wire and a variety of other garden tasks
- Sharp, precision-ground blade edges offer clean cuts
- Stainless-steel blades stay sharp longer and resist rust
- DuraFrame™ handle provides excellent durability
- Nonslip Softgrip® handle improves grip and reduces hand fatigue for comfortable extended use
- Safety lock keeps blades closed for safe storage and transportation
- Bonus sheath includes belt clip for easy access and portability
- Symmetrical design offers easy right- or left-handed use
- Lifetime warranty
- Garden Multi-Snip with Sheath
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 6"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (6")
- Ideal for collecting weeds, grass clippings, other types of yard waste or even toys or laundry off the clothesline
- Folds to 3" for space-saving storage
- Internal spring pops it up for use
- Sturdy handles provide comfortable carrying and unloading
- Smaller size offers easy portability and convenience in tight workspaces
- Tear- and mildew-resistant vinyl-coated polyester construction provides durability and easy cleaning
- Capacity: 10 gallons
- Dimensions: 1.62L x 16.25W x 16.25H
- Lifetime warranty
- Kangaroo® Garden Bag (10 gallon)
Enhanced to maximize leverage where you need it most, so you can power through stems and light branches up to 3/4" diameter with ease.
Out of Stock
Snip, slice, saw and cut with our handy and durable garden multi-tool.
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature short blades ideal for cutting in tight spaces.
Our innovative pop-up gardening container makes outdoor cleanup easy, and a smaller size offers enhanced portability.
small flower pots
hurricane-style cylinder vases (for candles)
Centerpieces for a winter wedding do not need to be complicated. A few sprigs of pine and a basket full of pine cones make for easy tabletop decorations. They will glow in candlelight and complement the season’s natural color palette. The only other supplies you will need are ribbon, moss and some pillar candle holders. This tutorial will walk you through the simple steps for creating your own winter wedding tablescape.
1. First, you need to collect your outdoor elements. Use the PowerGear2™ Pruners to cut off two or three small pine branches. These pruners will cut easily through branches up to ¾ inch in diameter, and the low-friction coating on the blades allows them to cut cleanly through pine, cedar and other evergreens with sticky sap. You will use both the pine cones and the evergreens from these branches.
2. Next, cut clusters of pine cones from the branches with your pruners. They are prickly to carry in your hands, so load them into the 10 gallon Kangaroo® Garden Bag. This sturdy, pop-up gardening container is the perfect size to carry around as you are collecting clippings. Go ahead and fill it up as you’re going to scatter the pine cones on your tabletops, and any leftover can be used to make other winter decorations.
3. Use the Amplify® Mixed Media Shears to cut a strip of ribbon to wrap around each pot. These shears are great for cutting through a wide variety of thick materials, such as burlap, canvas and cork. Adhere the cut ribbon to each pot.
4. When the glue is dry and the ribbon is secure, snip off the tip of a pine branch using the Garden Multi-Snips, which are handy for light pruning year-round.
5. Next, simply push the stem end of the cutting firmly down into the pot, so that the needles spring upward out of the container. You don’t even need to add water as the pine cuttings will stay fresh for days without it.
6. Now, use your scissors to cut more strips of ribbon to wrap around your vases. This look was created by adhering a narrow ribbon to a wider ribbon for added contrast.
7. Add a layer of moistened sheet moss (available at garden shops) to the bottom your vase, and then set a candle on top.
When you are ready to decorate on your big day, create informal groupings in the center of each table with your handmade decor. Light the candles, and your elegant and budget-friendly wedding centerpieces are ready for the party!
Visit our DIY Wedding page for more inspiration on how to create your own one-of-a-kind wedding.