Everyone likes to get a new treat bag for Halloween and children love to have a matching bag to go along with their costume. With Duck Tape® and Fiskars®, you can create your own unique bag in no time.
Glow in the dark Duck Tape® Halloween treat bags
By Jade Harrington
- Ideal for projects that use Duck® Tape — non-stick blade coating cuts through sticky adhesives without gummy build-up
- Short, sharp blades with a fine-point tip are perfect for cutting details and tight patterns
- Titanium blade coating helps the blades resist wear, scratches and corrosion
- Precision-ground, stainless-steel blades hold a sharp edge and cut all the way to the tip
- Double-loop handle provides precise cutting control for right- and left-handed users
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Length: 5"
- Lifetime warranty
- Duck® Edition Detail Scissors (5")
Perfect for making detail cuts and cutting tight patterns in Duck® Tape, with a non-stick blade coating that prevents the blades from gumming up.
Mailing Envelopes (You can use any size you want for this project)
Neon Orange Duck Tape®
Neon Green Duck Tape®
Halloween Chevron Duck Tape®
With Duck Tape® and Fiskars®, you can create your own unique bag in no time.
We don't want our kids to get lost in the madness, so we will dress up our bags with "Glow in the Dark" Duck Tape®.
1. Cut the top off a large envelope. (we used a 9"x 13")
2. Add strips of Duck Tape® horizontally across your envelope. Don't worry if any of the tape hangs off of the ends.
3. Cut off all the tape hanging off of the edges.
5. To begin making fringe for our envelope, place your envelope on a cutting mat and cut a piece of Duck Tape® about two inches longer than the width of the envelope.
6. Place the sticky sides together leaving a small piece of the sticky side exposed. Each side will have a sticky strip so you will cut one of them off.
7. Use your Fiskars® Duck Edition® scissors to cut little fringes in your tape. Try not to cut into the sticky part. Your sticky strip will stick perfectly onto your bag.
This is what it will start to look like once you get to the top of the bag.
You can also place the fringes on the sides of the bag.
8. To make your straps for the bag, you will need to cut four strips of tape approximately 18-20 inches long. It's ok if they are not completely the same length because you will be able to adjust the straps. Place one strip directly on top of the other strip, without any stickiness exposed. Repeat for the other two strips to make the second strap.
9. Cut your strap in half for a thinner strap or leave as is for a thicker strap.
10. Open your envelope and place one end of the strap inside of the bag. Cut a small piece of Duck Tape® and place it on the end of strap to secure it to the inside of the bag.
11. When you are done flip the bag over and do the same thing on the opposite side. Before you really press down on your tape, make sure they are the same length.
If you want to spice up you bag, you can use a solid tape on one side and a patterned tape on the other to make the fringe.
You can make a fringe strap for one of the bags by cutting smaller lines on each side of the strap, leaving a very small space in the middle with no cuts in it.
You can start decorating your bag now with your glow in the dark stickers. Dress them up however you like!
Your kids will trick or treat in style and you will still be able to spot them in the dark!