Handmade Fabric Ornaments
By Tammy Tutterow
- Ideal for cutting a zigzag pattern along a fabric edge to limit the length of frayed threads, preventing unraveling and keeping projects crisp and clean
- Extended lower blade helps lift fabric for precise cuts
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Softgrip® handle adds comfort and helps reduce hand fatigue
- Larger handle loops fit hands of all sizes
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Softgrip® Pinking Shears (8")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
- Ideal for cutting out embellishments for cards, collages, scrapbook pages, decorations and other craft projects
- Great for creating custom stencil patterns, masks or windows on cards or scrapbook pages
- Available in a wide variety of styles for any occasion or sentiment
- Select styles include edges that can be used to cut decorative borders
- Transparent templates let you see where you are cutting so you don’t waste craft paper
- Grid pattern simplifies layout for mistake-free crafting
- For use with our Ultra ShapeXpress™ Shape Cutter
- Shape Templates store flat to save space
- Hard plastic templates will not yellow or curl with age
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Mixed Shapes and Borders Shape Template (8 1/2" x 11")
Keep your projects from unraveling at the seams with Pinking Shears designed to reduce hand fatigue.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Out of Stock
Cut the perfect shape for your project!
Therm O Web Super Stick or fabric adhesive
Zotz Singles Craft Clear Adhesive Dots
1. Place one piece of fabric with print side down on your work table. Next, place a layer a piece of quilt batting on top of the fabric.
2. Place a second layer or fabric on top of the batting, printed side up. Use a fabric safe glue stick to hold the layers together and eliminate the need for pinning.
3. Use a shape template to trace the desired shape onto the fabric using a pencil.
4. Cut the traced shape out using a pinking shears. Cut just inside the pencil line.
5. Make a simple ribbon loop from about 7” of ribbon. Place the two cut ends inside your shape and pin in place.
6. Sew along the outer edges of the shape about 1/4” from the outside edges. Add lines of sewing through the center to create puffy quilted areas. (In the star example, the lines of the star were simply sewed in straight lines from corner to corner, just as one would draw a star.)
7. Use decorative thread or embroidery floss to sew a button or other embellishment to the center of the shape.
8. To add quick and easy personalization, stamp names on scrap cardstock. Cut the names out in strips. Use clear adhesive dots applied to the front edge of the strips to adhere the strips to the backside of the buttons.
Click here for more inspiration on creating Christmas decor, ornaments and gifts.