Looking to dress up this Halloween but not looking to spend a fortune? Whip these dessert inspired headbands up in a snap using Orange-Handled™ Scissors, felt and hot glue - no sewing required. Pair with a simple colored t-shirt and a kitchen prop to finish your look.
Easy Adult Halloween Costumes
By Jen Causey of Something Turquoise
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ (8")
- Ideal for basic measuring-and-cutting tasks or centering tasks
- One side features a traditional 1"–14" ruler
- The other side features a 7"–0", 0"–7" scale specifically designed to make centering easier
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Centering Ruler (2" x 14")
Known worldwide for quality and precision, our trusted Orange-handled Scissors have sold over 1 billion since 1967.
With two sets of markings, this versatile ruler is great for a wide range of sewing and quilting projects.
Hot Glue Gun
Ice Cream Cone Pattern: Headband, cherry, two scoops, two cones and batting. Complete the look with an ice cream scoop.
Cupcake Pattern: Headband, sprinkles, two frostings, two cakes, two liners and batting. Complete the look with a whisk.
Donut Pattern: Headband, sprinkles, two cakes, one frosting and batting. Complete the look with a cup of coffee.
Chocolate Chip Pattern: Headband, two cookies, chocolate chips and batting. Complete the look with a glass of milk! If you don’t want to carry around a real glass of milk you can al-ways paint the inside of a glass white to look like milk.
1. Start by selecting which treat headband to create. The same instructions will apply to all designs.
2. Cut out the felt pieces with Orange-Handled™ Scissors.
3. Using the Acrylic Centering Ruler and a felt tip pen, add detail to the felt pieces of the ice cream cone and the cupcake liner.
4. Grab a hot glue gun, glue all sweet pieces together leaving the ends designated to wrap around the headband open for stuffing and gluing.
5. Stuff your sweets with batting. If you don’t have batting, you can also use tissue, pieces of felt, ribbon or anything light and small to give dimension to the treat.
6. Carefully wrap the outlying ends around the headband and secure with hot glue. You now have the perfect Halloween costume for a sweetie like you!