These fun-filled Halloween treat boxes are just as fun to make as they are to give away, so grab your Fiskars tools and supplies and get to crafting a few friendly faces.
How To Make Halloween Treat Boxes
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for precisely cutting a wide variety of heavy-duty materials, including matte board, foam core, plastic, cardboard, wood and more
- Easy blade change lock makes switching blades virtually effortless
- Hefty, durable handle designed to withstand a range of cutting tasks
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Ergonomic handle is contoured to your hand’s natural grip
- Includes one #19 heavy-duty angled chisel blade
- Compatible with standard heavy-duty blades, including #2, #15, #18, #19, #22, #25, #27 and extra-fine serrated saw blades
- 5-pack of replacement #19 heavy-duty angled chisel blades available (item 164150)
- Full lifetime warranty
- Heavy-duty Easy Change Detail Knife (#19 Blade)
- 18" x 24" mat is ideal for cutting full widths of fabric from the bolt
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Medium (18" x 24")
- Ideal for precisely cutting tape, adhesive, chipboard, burlap and much more
- Ergonomically sculpted handle rests in the palm of your hand offering exceptional control and comfort
- Non-stick blade coating makes it easy to cut through materials with sticky adhesives like tape or glue and makes clean up easier too
- Easy Action™ thumb-activated cutting motion maximizes control and limits fatigue
- Micro-Tip® blades offer unmatched cutting precision, especially in tight spaces
- Easy-open thumb lock provides safe storage and transportation
- Softgrip® touchpoints for maximum comfort during detail and repetitive cutting
- Length: approximately 7”
- Full lifetime warranty
- Total Control® Non-stick Precision Scissors
Easily cut a wide range of thick materials with a powerful, comfortable knife featuring faster, simpler blade changing.
Long-lasting mat is ideal for cutting full widths of fabric.
Designed to execute the finest details through a variety of materials, these premium scissors are proof that the little things mean everything.
- Paper maché box with lid
- Paint and paint brush
- Pencil or marker
1. Draw your design. Take the lid off the box and flip it over so that you are working on the underside. Using a pencil or marker, draw an outline of your desired spooky shape – we chose a ghost, a skeleton and a pumpkin. You can use a print out from the internet or freehand draw your design.
2. Cut out the shape. Using the
Fiskars® Heavy-Duty Detail Knife, carefully cut out the shape you drew.
3. Paint the box and lid. Paint the entire box and lid in the color of your choosing and allow to dry completely.
4. Glue the cardstock. Cut a small piece of cardstock to fit inside the lid and glue in place. This will cover the cut-out shape from the inside of the lid.
5. Add the details. Next, cut details like ghostly eyes and a mouth or a friendly skeleton smile using the
Fiskars® Total Control® Non-stick Precision Scissors which are perfect for detailed cutting.
6. Finish the box lid. Glue the face details on to the top of the lid and allow to dry.
7. Finish the Halloween treat boxes. Fill the treat boxes with your favorite treats and get ready for some fun-filled Halloween festivities.