This party lantern is the perfect centerpiece for a table display – or make a few and light them all for instant glow!
Shine Light on Your Party with DIY Vellum Lanterns
By Emma Jeffery
- The Fiskars® ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a dual-rail system that eliminates blade wiggle for straight, precise cuts
- Rotary bypass blade stays sharp, so it never needs to be replaced
- Cuts thick DIY materials such as cork, magnet, chipboard and more
- Grid line measurements on the top and bottom of the smudge guard provide versatile use for both right- and left-handed users
- Full lifetime warranty
- ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer (12")
- Ideal for creating large, intricate shapes that can be used as embellishments on handmade cards, scrapbook pages, collages and much more
- Smart design requires less force per punch and reduces paper jams for frustration-free crafting
- Based on crafter-chosen designs
- Great for creating layered embellishments with multiple punched-out shapes
- Locks down when not in use for convenient, space-saving storage
- Softgrip® punch button reduces hand fatigue during repetitive punching
- Size: 2"
- For use with 80-lb. cardstock or lower
- Full lifetime warranty
- Quatrefoil Intricate Shape Punch (2")
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- Non-stick blade coating makes it easy to cut cleanly through materials with sticky adhesives like tape or glue
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Non-stick Scissors (8")
- 12" x 12" mat is easy to transport, easy to store and perfect for anyone who has limited paper crafting space
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid offers crafting precision
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Cutting Mat (12" x 12")
Add eye-catching intricate shapes to your project with easy-to-use, jam-resistant punches.
Non-stick blades make cutting through adhesive materials a breeze.
Out of Stock
Perfectly sized for scrapbooking and card making.
Straight sided glass vase
Battery operated light string
1. Cut vellum to size. Use the Fiskars® ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer to cut vellum to desired size so that it can be wrapped tightly around a straight-sided vase.
2. Punch quatrefoil shapes. Use the Fiskars® Quatrefoil Intricate Shape Punch to cut multiple shapes from the gold cardstock.
3. Adhere shapes to vellum. Adhere the quatrefoil shapes to the vellum with adhesive – we used glue for a clean and polished pattern. For a cohesive look, create a purposeful pattern with the shapes. Allow the adhesive to dry fully.
4. Assemble the lantern. Wrap the decorated vellum around the vase and tape in place to secure.
5. Light up the lantern. Place a battery-operated light string or single battery-operated candle light inside the vase and enjoy your party lantern!