Fabric storage bins are a useful storage solution and are especially cute when made using fabrics that coordinate with your nursery décor.
Baby Room Storage Ideas: Fabric Storage Bins
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Cutting Scissors (8")
- Ideal for measuring and making precise, clean cuts through fabric when cutting squares, triangles and other shapes
- Ergonomic handle and a 45 mm rotary blade make smooth, confident cuts through multiple layers of fabric easy
- Spring-activated blade only engages when in use
- Built-in ruler features a 12" x 12" measuring grid with highlighted numbers that are easy to see on light or dark fabric
- Grid is clearly printed on both sides for easy right- and left-handed use
- Bias lines make it easy to measure angles before cutting
- Rail design prevents lint build up
- Traction strip provides excellent stability while cutting
- Magnetic system provides easy, safe, no-touch blade change (extra blades and magnetic blade change tool sold separately)
- Built-in handle offers convenient transportation
- Lifetime warranty
- Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo (12" x 12")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature ultra-sharp blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks
Specifically designed to cut multiple layers, a rotary cutter with a 12" x 12"ruler attached makes measuring and cutting perfect shapes from fabric easier than ever.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Assorted cotton prints
Sewing machine and thread
1. For the larger bin, cut two pieces of contrasting print 30” x 15”. One print will be the outer fabric and one print will be the lining fabric. For the smaller bin, cut two pieces of fabric measuring 24” x 12”. Using the Rotary Ruler tool makes this cutting so easy because the blade is attached right to the ruler. This feature leads to more accurate cutting, especially when cutting multiple layers.
2. Sew the short ends of the outer fabric together with right sides facing each other. Repeat for the lining fabric.
3. For the larger bin, cut a 3” square from the two bottom corners of the sewing fabric, using the Amplify Fabric Shears. Repeat for the lining fabric. For the smaller bin, cut a 2 1/2” square from the bottom corner.
4. Open up the fabric and sew the holes closed, matching the side seam with the seam along the bottom.
5. Turn the lining fabric inside out and turn the outer fabric right sides out. Place the outer fabric inside the lining, so that the right side of the lining is facing the right side of the outer fabric. Pin the two fabrics together around the top edge. Leave a 5” hole in one edge and sew the two fabric pieces together.
6. Turn the fabrics to the right side through the hole in the seam.
7. Fill out the corners. Pin the hole closed and top stitch around the entire perimeter of the bins to finish.
Storage solutions are plentiful and these little bins are so versatile and lightweight and can be made in any size and color. These liners can also be used as containers for gifts, or little bins for the car or bathroom counter.
For more ideas on organizing your nursery, click here.