With just a few tools and five easy steps, you can create a custom grocery bag holder to store all your plastic bags for reuse.
Kitchen Storage Ideas: Grocery Bag Holder
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers of fabric, paper, felt and vinyl
- Pivoting handle locks in three positions - classic stick for familiar feel and control, power position to increase force when cutting thick materials and ergonomic left or right to take pressure off your wrist and improve sightlines
- High-grade, precision-ground, premium steel 45 mm rotary blade stays sharper
- Ergonomically sculpted handle with Softgrip provides added comfort
- Sliding button extends blade guard when not in use
- Designed for both right- and left-handed use
- Full lifetime warranty (excludes blades)
- Adjustable Three-Position Rotary Cutter (45 mm)
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Cutting Scissors (8")
- Highlighted seam allowance makes it easy to cut fabric strips up to 6" wide directly from the bolt
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree line indicators make it easy to cut at perfect angles
- Optional non-slip vinyl feet can be added or removed without damaging the ruler
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Ruler (6" x 24")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
A pivoting handle adjusts to three positions to increase comfort, improve sightlines and make cutting thick materials easier.
Out of Stock
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature ultra-sharp blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks
Perfectly sized for cutting fabric from the bolt.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
1/2 yard cotton fabric
Small piece of ribbon
1/4” wide elastic
1. Using the Adjustable Three-Position Rotary Cutter and the Acrylic Ruler, trim fabric to 18” x 20”. Not only will this rotary cutter easily get through your fabric, it offers additional comfort because the handle can be adjusted into three different positions.
2. Turn the raw edge of both short sides 1/2” to the wrong side. Turn up a further 1/2” to conceal the raw edge and press. Stitch the hems in place.
3. Pin a length of 1/4” wide elastic to the beginning of one hemmed edge. Sew the elastic to the hem, pulling the elastic taut as you sew. The elastic will pull up the fabric and create an adjustable opening to the holder. Repeat with the second hemmed end as well.
4. Fold the fabric in half and sew the two long edges together with the right sides facing each other.
5. Turn the grocery bag holder to the right side and pin a small length of ribbon to one end to create a loop for hanging the bag. Sew the ribbon to the top of the bag.
For more ideas on home organization, click here.