Get organized this year with cute and cozy felt catch-alls. Every room in the house needs these, especially the kitchen where so many little things seem to collect. These colorful DIY storage baskets can also act as a decoration piece so they are not only functional but also add dimension and color to the kitchen.
Kitchen Storage Ideas: Storage Basket (fabric catch alls)
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for long cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Larger handle loops provide extra room and a comfortable fit for larger hands
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 10"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Scissors (10")
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature a larger handle and longer, ultra-sharp blades ideal for cutting long swathes.
Double-sided fusible interfacing
1. To get started, create a dual layer of felt by applying a double-sided fusible interfacing to one piece of felt and adding a second layer of felt on top. This double layer will give the baskets more stability to maintain their shape.
2. Using the 8” Amplify Fabric Shears, cut different sized circles from the felt layers. Use a cereal bowl or a canister as a template to help create the perfect circle. You will be surprised at how easily these shears cut through several layers of felt.
3. Cut eight, evenly spaced, 2” slots around each felt circle.
4. Pin the cut edges back together and hand-stitch or use a sewing machine to sew the sides of the storage baskets.
In just a few simple steps, you will have your own unique storage basket for any room. Use these catch-alls to organize that junk drawer or keep them on the counter in the kitchen or bathroom for all those miscellaneous items.
Click here for more quick and easy, DIY organization projects.