This family mail station is a huge space saver that’s cute and functional. With a place for important items including stamps, bills, pens and scissors, you will love how this project will keep you organized. In just a few steps you can transform a store bought piece into a decor element for your home that actually works for your busy family.
By Jen Causey of Something Turquoise
- Ideal for basic measuring-and-cutting tasks or centering tasks
- One side features a traditional 1"–14" ruler
- The other side features a 7"–0", 0"–7" scale specifically designed to make centering easier
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Centering Ruler (2" x 14")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
- Use cleanly punched-out designs as embellishments on homemade cards, scrapbook pages, collages and much more
- Unique design makes it up to 2X easier to punch shapes than other shape punches on the market
- Open head lets you see exactly where you are punching to eliminate mistakes
- Easy-to-squeeze design makes it ideal for extended use
- Ergonomic handles provide comfort and control for mistake-free results
- Nests with other punches for compact, convenient storage
- Printed shape provides easy identification to help you find the punch you’re looking for quickly
- Extra-large punch design fits inside a 2" circle
- For use with 65-lb. cardstock or lower
- Lifetime warranty
- Hexagon Squeeze Punch (Extra Large)
- Ideal for precisely cutting a wide variety of materials, including paper, cardstock, thin plastic, photos, canvas and more
- Easy blade change lock makes switching blades virtually effortless
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Ergonomic handle is contoured to your hand’s natural grip
- No-roll design prevents knife from rolling off work surface
- Included safety cap protects blade during storage
- Includes one #11 blade
- Compatible with standard blades, including #10, #11, #16, #17
- Five-pack of replacement #11 blades available (item 196010)
- Full lifetime warranty
- Easy Change Detail Knife
With two sets of markings, this versatile ruler is great for a wide range of sewing and quilting projects.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Create distinctive style with a punch that’s easy to squeeze!
Precisely cut a wide range of materials with a comfortable knife featuring faster, simpler blade changing.
Cork contact paper
1. Basic mail stations are available at most department stores. Find one that matches your home decor and that has flat pockets. Use the Acrylic Centering Ruler to measure each pocket.
2. Use the Easy Change Detail Knife on the Self-healing Cutting Mat to trim the cork contact paper down to fit each mail station pocket. This knife is wonderful for cutting medium weight supplies and changing the blade is quick and simple.
3. Apply the cork contact paper to the mail station pockets. This allows you to now actually pin important things to the piece, making this mail station even more useful for quick notes and reminders.
4. To create the pocket divider that keeps the pens and scissors from falling down and getting lost, measure the side triangle of the mail station using the ruler. Then trace to create the divider flap and cut it out of scrapbooking paper using the detail knife on the cutting mat. Adhere it to the metal using scrapbooking adhesive.
5. Use the XL Hexagon Squeeze Punch to make tags for each element. Print out the names of family members and words such as “bills”, “stamps”, etc. Punch them out and then add to small clothespins using scrapbooking adhesive again. Clip labels onto each item that needs to be organized in your new family mail station.