Creative Escort Card Display for your Wedding
By Jen Causey of Something Turquoise
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including paper, photos and up to two sheets of 110-lb. cardstock
- Sturdy, reinforced aluminum cut rail ensures straight cuts, never curved or wobbly
- Line-of-sight window makes it easy to see where blade will cut for unmatched accuracy
- Use only one blade at a time on the rail
- Highlighted grid lines and larger numbers make exact measurements easy
- Widest base on the market (6-1/4") offers plenty of room for card cutting
- Self-leveling swing-out arm extends the measuring deck to over 15" to cut extra-large crafting materials with precision
- Built-in smudge guard keeps your materials fingerprint-free
- Rail lock secures the smudge guard so materials can’t shift while you cut
- Rubberized feet provide stability
- Works with blade style K
- 12" cut length
- Lifetime warranty
- To replace a worn-out blade, slide the blade down to the loading notch, lifting the right side of the carriage first to release it from the rail.
- Discard the worn out blade and blade carriage, careful not to touch the sharp edges.
- Install the new blade at the loading notch by nestling the left side into the rail groove, then lowering the carriage’s right side onto the rail.
- Deluxe Titanium Paper Trimmer with Aluminum Cut Rail (12")
- Traditional design is ideal for punching simple shapes in craft projects for both functional and decorative purposes
- Cushioned grip provides comfortable use
- Confetti catcher holds all clippings
- Color-coded handle makes it easy to find the right punch in your collection
- For best results, use on 65-lb. cardstock and lower
- Lifetime warranty
- Rectangle Hand Punch (1/4")
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (8")
Our reinforced aluminum cut rail eliminates wobble for straight, precise cuts through a variety of craft materials, and a large deck give you plenty of room to create.
How do I change the blade?
A traditional design makes punching simple shapes quick and easy.
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks.
8.5″ x 11″ Cardstock
Cork Foam Board + Spray Paint
If you are a bride that loves paper projects and is looking for a memorable escort card idea, look no further than this tutorial!
There are two free printables for this project: One for the cards and one for the display board. Both designs will print onto 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock. The templates are designed to print in black ink, so you can use a light or medium shade of paper. Download them here:
1. Take the Punched Seating Cards printable, and use the Fiskars Deluxe Paper Trimmer to cut out each card. Using a trimmer to cut is a huge time saver, plus you will get straight edges every time.
2. Simply hand-write your guests names on the front of the cards. The printed design is actually the backside of the card.
3. Punch a rectangle into the space next to the guest's assigned table number. The ¼” Rectangle Hand Punch is easy to use and perfect for this job!
4. Next, take the other printout, and trim out the saying for the top of your escort card display board.
5. Spray paint the “foam” cork boards. These are 3/4″ foam with a layer of cork on top – which is perfect for the push pins as they won’t poke out the back!
6. Simply use map pins or push pins to hold the sign and cards to your board. You will be able to fit 25 cards onto a piece of 16″ x 20″ cork board.
Prop your board on an easel, and add flowers to embellish the display. Your guests are ready to be seated!
Thanks to SomethingTurquoise.com for providing this cute tutorial for the DIY bride. You can see the original post here.