No party is complete without lots of photos to capture memories made. Make this New Year’s Eve extra special with a photo backdrop that you have created. All you need are a few tools and some glitter cardstock. With your own backdrop and these photo props you will create awesome moments that will last for a long time.
NYE Party Ideas: Photo Backdrop
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 6"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (6")
- Fiskars® Extra Large Thick Materials Shape Punches cut cleanly through DIY materials like balsa wood, cardboard, foam and magnets
- Locks down when not in use for space-saving storage
- Softgrip® punch button makes repetitive punching more comfortable
- Size: 2 in.
- Full lifetime warranty
- Circle Thick Materials Punch (Large, 2")
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature short blades ideal for cutting in tight spaces.
Now you can create with thick and tough materials like aluminum cans, cardboard, balsa wood, milk jugs, foam and more thanks to our exclusive new punch design.
1. To begin, use a computer and your favorite font to spell out "Happy New Year" and print on plain paper. Cut out each letter individually, turn them over and trace around the letters on to the back of the glitter cardstock.
2. Cut out each letter using the 6” Amplify® Mixed Media Shears. These shears will give you clean cuts with minimal effort and more time to enjoy the party!
3. After you are done cutting, punch a hole into the top of each letter, and string twine.
4. Use the large Circle Thick Materials Punch to cut multiple circles at once from your glitter cardstock. No more struggling with basic punches; these punches will power through thick cardstock and several other materials – even with the glitter overlay.
5. Sew the punched circle shapes together, in a chain, using your sewing machine. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a sewing machine, you can use a piece of adhesive or glue to adhere the circles to the twine. Hang your banner and paper chains on the wall to create the sparkly photo backdrop for your festive holiday celebrations.
This backdrop will make your home party ready in no time. It is sure to draw the attention of your guests to create some photo memories to share!