With just a few Fiskars tools, you can create elegant sparkler tags for your romantic and majestic wedding send off.
Customized Wedding Sparkler Tags
By Jen Causey of Something Turquoise
- Ideal for quickly creating tags perfect for gifts and other crafts, eliminating mistakes that waste materials and cause reworks
- Insert paper into the large slot and depress the lever for a cleanly punched-out tag shape
- Insert the punched-out tag into the small slot and depress the lever for a perfectly centered tag hole
- Slip the tag hole over the peg on the back of punch, drop in the eyelet and depress the handle to set the eyelet with no noisy hammering
- Includes a 20, 3/16" eyelets (also accommodates 5/32" eyelets)
- Tag size: 2" x 3"
- Punches heavier materials than standard punches, up to 80-lb. cardstock
- Lifetime warranty
- Scallop Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (8")
Out of Stock
Our exclusive design punches a tag, punches a centered tag hole and even sets the eyelet without any noisy hammering.
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks.
9″ or 10″ Wedding Sparklers
Free, editable tag page download!
One of the most popular wedding trends right now is having a grand exit with sparklers. Shining sparklers make for the most amazing photographs, memorializing a magical close to a momentous day. What a fun way to send the happy couple off to happily ever after!
1. Start by downloading the free font Sofia so that you can properly edit the tags.
3. Open the pdf. using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader and double click on the text boxes to edit the sparkler exit time to fit your special event! Then save and print onto your choice of light colored 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock. You can easily customize the paper or even just the twine to fit your wedding color scheme.
4. Cut the cardstock into 3 strips on the lines provided, this makes the best use of the paper to punch out the tags. Save time by cutting through a few sheets at the same time with the Amplify® Mixed Media shears. These are designed to sense blade separation when cutting thick materials and forces the blades back together for crisp clean cuts.
5. Flip your Scallop Tag Maker Punch upside down so you can see the area you are punching, slip the paper into it, center and punch! The tag pdf printable is designed specifically to work with all four of the Fiskars Tag Maker punches.
6. With the same tool, punch holes in your tags. Just insert the tag into the front slot on the punch and press down on the handle, simple as that! Do both ends of the tag.
7. Slip each tag onto its sparkler
8. Add some twine to the end of the tag so the tag doesn’t slip off. Use a tiny bit of glue with the ballpoint-tip glue pen, to the bottom of the tag. Hold the twine against the glue for about 10 seconds and you’ll be good to go
9. Trim your twine with scissors.
Give these little darlings to your guests by placing at each setting during your reception and let the sparks fly!
Thanks to SomethingTurquoise.com for providing this cute tutorial for the DIY bride. You can see the original post here.