We love a quick DIY project that can be used anywhere. It can be nestled under your wedding arbor at your ceremony altar, behind your dessert table, or even as a prop backdrop for your photo booth section. Felt is a great material to transport and store because it doesn’t wrinkle; tear like paper nor fray like other types of fabric.
Ruffled Felt Banner
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ (8")
Known worldwide for quality and precision, our trusted Orange-handled Scissors have sold over 1 billion since 1967.
Felt sheets in various colors (we used Gold, Black, Yellow, Light Pink, Beige and White)
Glittered Foam sheets in gold
A larger piece of fabric the size your banner (we used an Ikea twin flat sheet cut to size)
1. Lay out the white felt sheets on scrap paper or newspaper, and draw patterns with puffy paint.
2. While the white felt dries, start cutting petals out of the non-patterned felt and the glittered foam sheets. To do this, fold your sheets length-wise and cut. Fold your strips in half and cut again. Fold again in half and cut once more and now, you should have 8 pieces per sheet. If you need to calculate how many felt sheets you need to make a backdrop, each felt sheet makes 8 petals of roughly 3×4 inches.
3. Now you can stack 2 pieces and fold in half length-wise. Cut an imaginary half-arch on one of the ends. Fiskars Original Orange-Handled Scissors™ (8″) are great for thick materials, so I was able to cut 2-3 sheets at a time with no extra effort.
4. Create a rod pocket with your piece of fabric by folding a 3″ wide tab. Glue the edges and insert the wooden dowel rod.
5. Turn the fabric to the other side, and start gluing your petals at random.
6. The felt banner is ready to be displayed at an upcoming wedding or party.