Create An Al Fresco Flower Arrangement
By Chris Lambton
- PowerGear® patented gear technology multiplies leverage to give you up to 3X more power on every cut
- Powers through tough stems and branches that traditional pruners can’t
- Patent-pending design with modified gears and cam mechanism optimizes your cutting power in the middle of the cut where the branch is thickest and you need it most
- Makes cutting dramatically easier than it is with other tools
- Fully hardened steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood, prevents the blade from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blade resist rust
- Rugged DuraFrame® construction provides superior strength and reduced weight
- Contoured, rolling handle fits the shape and natural motion of your hand for comfortable use and reduced hand fatigue
- Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Bypass blade style
- Maximum cutting capacity: 3/4" dia.
- Lifetime warranty
- PowerGear2™ Pruner
- Ideal for deadheading, trimming, shaping and other quick snips on small plants
- Awarded the Arthritis Foundation’s Ease of UseSM Commendation for a design that’s ideal for people with arthritis or limited hand strength
- Easy Action™ spring-action design gently opens blades after each cut to help reduce hand fatigue
- Fully hardened, precision-ground stainless steel blades stay sharp, even through heavy use
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Easy-open lock protects the blades during transport and storage
- Included blade cover protects the blades when not in use
- Length: approximately 6"
- Full lifetime warranty
- Micro-Tip® Pruning Snips
Enhanced to maximize leverage where you need it most, so you can power through stems and light branches up to 3/4" diameter with ease.
Awarded the Arthritis Foundation’s Ease of UseSM Commendation, our pruning snip makes quick, precise cuts virtually effortless.
A beautiful flower arrangement can add a colorful touch to any table, and can be super simple to make. Just step outside and use what your yard provides!
Step 1: Select your flowers. Prune flowers from your garden, being sure to cut at a 45 degree angle, using the
Fiskars PowerGear2 Pruner. Pruning at this angle helps ensure the plant you are pruning is protected as it reduces the chance for ripping or tearing of the plant as you cut your flowers.
It's a good idea to think outside of the box when creating homemade floral arrangements. Look to greenery or even flowering weeds or small tree branches that can add a fresh touch rather than thinking you need the most colorful rose or tulip to get the job done. Sometimes a simple centerpiece can be even more eye catching.
Step 2: Prune stems. Clean up the stems of the flower or greenery you select, being careful to snip off all of the leaves using either the same pruner or the
Fiskars SoftGrip MicroTip Pruning Snip. Make sure your stems are completely clear at and below the water level as leaving the leaves on and soaking in water can cause them to rot and shorten the life of your bouquet.
Step 3: Arrange. Arrange the flowers in a vase and add water. When placing on a table as the centerpiece, make sure to keep the scent to a minimum. While most flowers smell wonderful, when they accompany food, it's best to select flowers and greenery with more subtle scents.
Step 4: Place bouquet on table and enjoy! Sit back and enjoy your al fresco dinner with a free, freshly cut bouquet to brighten up the table.