Start your morning, or the morning of someone you love, with a cup of coffee and this reusable tribal coffee cup sleeve.
DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for measuring and making precise, clean cuts through fabric when cutting squares, triangles and other shapes
- Ergonomic handle and a 45 mm rotary blade make smooth, confident cuts through multiple layers of fabric easy
- Spring-activated blade only engages when in use
- Built-in ruler features a 12" x 12" measuring grid with highlighted numbers that are easy to see on light or dark fabric
- Grid is clearly printed on both sides for easy right- and left-handed use
- Bias lines make it easy to measure angles before cutting
- Rail design prevents lint build up
- Traction strip provides excellent stability while cutting
- Magnetic system provides easy, safe, no-touch blade change (extra blades and magnetic blade change tool sold separately)
- Built-in handle offers convenient transportation
- Lifetime warranty
- Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo (12" x 12")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
- Ideal for long cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Larger handle loops provide extra room and a comfortable fit for larger hands
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 10"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Scissors (10")
Specifically designed to cut multiple layers, a rotary cutter with a 12" x 12"ruler attached makes measuring and cutting perfect shapes from fabric easier than ever.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature a larger handle and longer, ultra-sharp blades ideal for cutting long swathes.
Scrap of wool fabric
Scrap of cotton print
Hem gauge or ruler
Needle, thread, pins and sewing machine
Disposable coffee cup sleeve to use as template
Iron and ironing board
1. Use the disposable coffee sleeve to create a template for cutting fabric. Draw around the sleeve ½” from the edge and cut out.
2. Pin the template to the wool fabric and cut out using the 10” Amplify® Fabric Shears.
3. Use the 12” x 12” Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo to cut strips of cotton print fabric, measuring 1.5” wide.
4. To create the binding, use a hot iron to press the strips of fabric first in half lengthways, with wrong sides facing. Then, press the outside edges in towards the center fold.
5. Pin then sew the opening binding to the right side of one long edge of the cut wool. Trim the seam with the 10” Amplify Fabric Shears.
6. Fold the binding to the wrong side of the wool fabric and hand stitch in place with needle and thread.
7. Repeat step 5 for the remaining edges of the wool fabric.
8. Sew Velcro strips to the two short ends for the wool cup sleeve to complete.