A large canvas tote is a simple and convenient place to store toys, clothes, or diapers while on the go. This simple DIY tutorial will show you how to customize a tote for your little ones by adding a monogrammed detail.
Baby Room Storage Ideas: Tote Bag
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers of fabric, paper, felt and vinyl
- Pivoting handle locks in three positions - classic stick for familiar feel and control, power position to increase force when cutting thick materials and ergonomic left or right to take pressure off your wrist and improve sightlines
- High-grade, precision-ground, premium steel 45 mm rotary blade stays sharper
- Ergonomically sculpted handle with Softgrip provides added comfort
- Sliding button extends blade guard when not in use
- Designed for both right- and left-handed use
- Full lifetime warranty (excludes blades)
- Adjustable Three-Position Rotary Cutter (45 mm)
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Cutting Scissors (8")
- Highlighted seam allowance makes it easy to cut fabric strips up to 6" wide directly from the bolt
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree line indicators make it easy to cut at perfect angles
- Optional non-slip vinyl feet can be added or removed without damaging the ruler
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Ruler (6" x 24")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
A pivoting handle adjusts to three positions to increase comfort, improve sightlines and make cutting thick materials easier.
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature ultra-sharp blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks
Perfectly sized for cutting fabric from the bolt.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Two-sided fusible web
Sewing machine and thread
1. Use the Adjustable Three-Position Rotary Cutter to trim heavy-weight canvas fabric to 46” x 15”. This tool allows for precise cuts due to the adjustable handle that pivots out of the way of your line of sight. Sew the two short ends of the fabric together to create a cylinder.
2. Press the seam allowance open, trim and stitch down for reinforcement.
3. Trace a 14” diameter circle on the remaining canvas and cut out using the Amplify® Fabric Shears. These shears are excellent for cutting thicker and heavy materials.
4. Pin the circle around one end of the cylinder and stitch. Trim the seam allowance.
5. Finish the top edge of the tote by hemming the opening 1/2” to the wrong side.
6. For the tote handles, cut two pieces of fabric measuring 8” x 15”. Press the two long sides in together towards the center. Fold the fabric in half, and then stitch the fold together. Pin, and then sew, to the sides of the tote.
7. Cut a letter or initials from felt and apply a two-sided craft fusible web to the back of the felt. Follow the manufacturer's directions for fusing the felt to the tote.
You are now ready to step out in style with all of your necessities for baby!