When you have a home décor idea in mind, but you can’t find what you’re looking for in stores, there’s only one solution: make your own!
Deer Appliquéd Throw Pillow
By Smitha Katti
- Ideal for long cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Larger handle loops provide extra room and a comfortable fit for larger hands
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 10"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Scissors (10")
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature a larger handle and longer, ultra-sharp blades ideal for cutting long swathes.
For my pillow, I wanted a pillow that was brightly-colored, but with a folksy design. I printed a deer outline from my computer onto regular printer paper. Print whatever design you want!
Pin this outline onto felt and trim out your deer carefully using the Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears.
Using a spray adhesive, baste felt onto fabric and hand appliqué using embroidery floss.
Trim fabric with appliqué to measure 20 inches (plus seam allowances) using Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears to make pillow front. Trim pillow back from contrasting fabric.
Sew pillow together. And that’s it!