TV remotes have a way of disappearing beneath couches and cushions in our house. This remote organizer is simple to sew and will control clutter. Happy viewing!
Remote Control Holder
By Katrina Simeck
- Ideal for cutting a zigzag pattern along a fabric edge to limit the length of frayed threads, preventing unraveling and keeping projects crisp and clean
- Extended lower blade helps lift fabric for precise cuts
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Larger handle loops fit hands of all sizes
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Pinking Shears (9")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
Keep your projects from unraveling at the seams!
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Felt, fabric, sewing machine, ½ inch dowel
You’ll need – felt, fabric, sewing machine, ½ inch dowel
1. Cut felt to desired size – I used 15inch x 25inch. You may want wider or longer based on your couch size, and the number of pockets that you’d like to create.
2. Trim fabric to fit the width of felt, and at least ¾ the height of your tallest remote. Hem upper edge.
3. Lay fabric over felt, then sew outer edges & bottom edge to create large pocket. Be careful to NOT sew upper edge. Tip – don’t worry about raw edges. We’ll deal with those at the end!
4. Create desired number of pockets by stitching over top of fabric. Using a zigzag stitch will ensure that pockets are strong.
5. Use Fiskars Pinking Shears to trim all sides. This will reduce fraying, and eliminate the need to hem all edges.
6. Fold the top edge of felt and straight stitch to create a pocket for the wooden dowel. Slip dowel through.
7. Lay remote organizer over couch arm, tucking the dowel between the cushions to help secure.