Hosting a party this holiday season? Put your DIY skills to the test and learn how to make a rolling bar cart!
Upcycled Bar Cart
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ (8")
- Ideal for driving nails during a wide variety of common tasks on the job site or around the house
- Patented IsoCore™ Shock Control System absorbs strike shock and vibration to reduce the punishment your body takes, transferring 4X less shock and vibration than wood handles
- Insulation sleeve captures initial strike shock before it can reach your hand
- Dual-layer handle features a specially formulated combination of insulating materials to dampen lingering vibration
- Magnetic nail-starter groove allows you to start nails with one hand in hard places
- Rip claw pulls nails quickly and easily
- Handle flare keeps the tool firmly in hand when swinging
- Softgrip® handle features a sculpted profile to fit the natural shape of your hand
- Patent-pending, strategic handle texturing features large dimples where fingers rest for maximum grip and small dimples where the palm rests to help prevent blisters
- Extended grip lets you choke up for added control when making precision strikes
- Head optimized for balance, weight and superior durability
- Forged, heat-treated steel is finished with a rust-resistant coating
- Tested to exceed ISO and international standards for striking tool durability
- Length: 15.5"
- Weight: 20 oz.
- Full lifetime warranty
- IsoCore™ 20 oz General Use Hammer (15.5")
Known worldwide for quality and precision, our trusted Orange-handled Scissors have sold over 1 billion since 1967.
Out of Stock
Great for a wide range of common on-the-job tasks, this general use hammer features our patented IsoCore™ Shock Control System to reduce shock and vibration by 4X.
6-cubby storage unit
9′ red oak board
12′ copper piping
Wood saw and hacksaw
Patterned copper-colored aluminum sheets
Copper spray paint
Marbled contact paper
1. A 6-cubby storage unit makes the perfect base for this rolling bar cart. Start by assembling the storage unit (if new), using the IsoCore™ General Use Hammer. Alternatively, remove the back panel if you are upcycling an existing unit. The hammer's rip claw will pull nails quickly and easily if you are removing the back panels from an old unit.
2. Give the simple storage unit an upscale finish with an attractive, copper back panel. Align the patterned copper sheets at the back of the unit and hammer in place using nails.
3. To prevent your glasses and bottles from falling from your rolling bar cart, add rails along the front of the cubbies. Drill holes through the front of the unit using a drill bit that is slightly wider in diameter than your copper pipe. Pass the pipe through the holes and cut to size with a hacksaw or a saw that is suitable for cutting metal.
4. Measure the width of the assembled unit and cut two red oak boards the same width but slightly longer than the storage unit. Adding extra length to the boards will give you a useful space to store wine or other taller bottles at the bottom of the cart. The top board should be the same length as the bottom board, so it will hang over the cubby on each end. Screw these boards to the top and bottom of the unit.
5. Measure and mark where the casters will sit on the bottom of the red oak board base, and attach to all four corners using screws.
6. Spray two sailing cleats with a metallic copper paint and screw to the underside of each end of the top piece of wood. They will act as handles and also somewhere to hang your tea towel.
7. Finish your rolling bar cart with flair by cutting pieces of marble-effect contact paper to size using Orange-handled Scissors. Adhere the contact paper to the shelves and you have an fun DIY rolling bar cart that is perfect for entertaining.
8. Stock the shelves with your favorite bar essentials and enjoy!