Consider these airplane note carriers the “paper airplane 2.0”. Not only do they fly beautifully, they can hide secret messages in their paper straw compartment. Who doesn't love a top secret message?! These little flyers are the perfect size for sticking in a lunch box. We made two versions of the airplane printables: one in fun colors and one blank for coloring in! Print out the blank version and include some crayons or colored pencils in your littles' lunch boxes to encourage extra creativity. Bombs away! Let's get started!
Make A Secret Message Paper Airplane Carrier
By Handmade Charlotte
- Ideal for kids ages eight and up
- #1 teacher recommended brand
- Longer blades and larger handle loops are perfect for older kids working on more advanced classroom projects
- Stainless-steel blades cut all classroom materials for frustration-free projects
- Expanded fingers loop and ergonomic thumb loop provide the natural, comfortable fit kids are used to from our Kids Scissors
- Smooth, shiny blue handle was specifically requested by kids
- Antimicrobial handle protection inhibits the growth of bacterial odors and helps prevent product deterioration
- Accommodates right- and left-handed users
- Available in a range of colors
- Length: 6"
- Lifetime warranty
- Big Kids Scissors (6" - Blue)
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 6"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (6")
The perfect step up for older kids working on more advanced projects, these scissors feature larger finger loops and longer blades than our Kids Scissors.
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature short blades ideal for cutting in tight spaces.
Airplane printable template
Crayons or colored pencils (optional)
Decorative paper straws
Hot glue gun
Before you get started, you will need to first fold your paper airplane and print off the secret messages. You have 3 design options. The secret messages are included with each printable. The Kids scissors will work great, for little hands, to cut out the paper airplanes template!
After you have folded your airplane, then you can add the secret message compartment
Creating the Secret Message Paper Airplane:
1. Fold your paper airplane.
2. Trim a paper straw to the length of your airplane. The Amplify® Mixed Media Shears will power through the straw with ease. (We advise only adults use these very sharp shears.)
2. Hot glue the straw to the paper airplane. We did one dot at the front and back.
3. Roll up the secret note as tightly as you can and slip inside the straw.
Zoom! Your kids will love these paper airplanes so much they’ll want to make them with you for their own lunches! Enjoy!
To find the perfect scissors for your child, visit our Kids Scissors Selection Guide.