Garden Herb Pizza Made Easy with Fast-prep Herb Shears
By Russell van Kraayenburg
- Ideal for quickly chopping and mincing herbs and veggies directly over the bowl
- Unique design maximizes the power of your thumb and index finger to improve control
- Stainless-steel blades make clean cuts and stay sharp through heavy use
- Spring-action design automatically opens after each cut to reduce hand strain
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Sheath offers safe storage and protects blades from damage
- Tested and certified by NSF, the public health and safety company
- Dishwasher safe
- Measures 5"
- Lifetime warranty
- Fast-prep Herb Shears (5")
- Summit 5" Chef Knife features a premium, Japanese-grade, stainless steel blade for long-lasting sharpness
- Intuitive new handle design with Softgrip® contouring guides you to the optimal “pinch grip” position every time for confident, comfortable cutting
- Ideal for repetitive slicing and mincing of medium- to small-sized, dense fruits and vegetables like carrots, green onions, herbs and meats
- Durable, dishwasher-safe design won’t break, stain, crack or loosen; unique, open-sheath design blade guard is dishwasher safe too
- Full lifetime warranty
- Summit 5" Chef Knife
Out of Stock
A unique design makes it easy to quickly mince herbs without a knife or cutting board.
Pizza Stone/Baking Sheet
Making pizza from scratch at home doesn’t have to be intimidating. With the Fiskars’ Fast-prep Herb Shears and the Fiskars' Summit 5" Chef Knife, a homemade pizza will soon be your go-to pizza.
Baking pizza at home is a great way to customize a dinner favorite. Keeping it simple with an olive oil drizzle, freshly picked herbs from your garden and a little fresh mozzarella, makes it delicious and easy. With Fiskars’ line of Fast-prep Herb Shears, you don’t have to dirty a single knife or cutting board. This keeps your kitchen mess and stress free.
Chopping herbs with a chef’s knife can be tiring and messy. With each cut, herbs fly all over your cutting board and counter. Additionally, most knives push the herbs into the board, leaving green stains on your cutting board and damaging the herb. Both the 5” and 7” Fast-prep Herb Shears feature stainless-steel blades that make clean cuts. Best of all, because you are chopping right over your pizza or bowl, there is no mess.
You will also give your wrists a rest as the spring-action design opens the blade after each cut to reduce hand strain.
Chopping herbs has never been so easy, and making pizza is a great way to get your friends and family into the kitchen. Try this homemade pizza recipe from Russell van Kraayenburg to see how easy it is with the Fast-prep Herb Shears.
Making pizza from scratch using the Fast-prep Herb Shears
1 teaspoon active yeast
1/2 cup warm water (105-115°F)
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
6 ounces all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 sprigs fresh thyme
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
10 basil leaves
1/4 pound mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare your pizza dough.
2. While the dough is rising, pick herbs from your garden using your Fiskars Softouch® Micro-Tip® Pruning Snip
3. Roll out your pizza dough.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the dough.
5. Use the Fast-prep Herb Shears to chop your herbs directly over the pizza dough. Try a mixture of rosemary, thyme, and basil for a pizza taste.
6. Sprinkle chunks of mozzarella on top
7. Bake the pizza at 450°F for ten minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
1. Dissolve the yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, flour and salt. Stir until a dough comes together. Knead the dough a few times. Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm spot until it has doubled in volume – this usually takes about an hour.
2. Once the dough has risen, punch the dough down, knead it a few times, form into a ball, and let rest for 20 minutes. After resting, roll the dough out to a 10-inch circle. Drizzle the top with olive oil.
3. Using your Fast-prep Herb Shears, chop the herbs directly over the pizza. Top the pizza with the mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.